On January 30-31, 2019, in Zurich, Adam Smith Conferences will hold its annual Russian Wealth Advisors Forum – an impressive gathering of experts across the globe who advise Russian & CIS HNWIs and UHNWIs. Victoria Burkovskaya, Partner and Head of White Collar Crime Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Ambassador James Warlick, Managing Director of EPAM USA PLLC, and Sergey Kalinin, Head of the Firm’s Tax Practice, will give presentations at the forum.
The Forum’s agenda will cover the following topics:
- The wind of change: what to expect in 2019. Politics, economics, Russian law, compliance, tax transparency, attacks on offshore world.
- Compliant tax structuring for private and corporate clients.
- CRS & AEOI: practical considerations.
- High Tech: blockchain for the trusts industry, cyber-security, digital estate, etc.
- Single–and multi-office trends and challenges.
- Trusts in the 21st century.
- Offshore world: what is next?
- Art and private clients: legal aspects.
- Tax residency and citizenship planning: home and away.
Victoria Burkovskaya together with distinguished experts from wealth management outfits will discuss family and corporate governance for difficult circumstances – for example, when a client is in prison or gets seriously ill.
James Warlick will join a panel entitled ‘International pressure on Russian clients’. In the panel, Ambassador Warlick will comment on the policy environment in Washington D.C., the way forward for US-Russia relations and discuss how Russian HNWIs can best position themselves if relations continue to deteriorate.
Sergey Kalinin will speak on compliant tax structuring for Russian clients, including tax amnesty and other current challenges affecting private clients, and will comment on the major attacks and threats that Russian clients are facing regarding their corporate structures.
More information about the RWAF.