Anna Numerova has outstanding experience advising on a wide range of antitrust issues, including M&A transactions and representing clients before the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia (the FAS Russia) as well as in arbitration courts. Anna advises on various commercial and corporate law issues, conducts competition legal due diligence and overseas antitrust compliance across all industries.
Anna’s recent experience highlights include:
- Developing of the first compliance system for the state-owned company Russian Highways (Avtodor), a global infrastructure investment holding company that develops and operates major roads, motorways and roadside infrastructure.
- Successfully defending the interests of Tele2 in a precedent-setting case against Moscow Metro, regarding unfair tariffs for placing telecommunications equipment in the metro.
- Developing an antitrust compliance programme for M.Video, the leading Russian retail chain selling consumer electronics and appliances. The company has become the first consumer electronics retailer to launch an antitrust compliance programme.
- Successfully representing Mondi Syktyvkar, a subsidiary company of international group Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper and Russia’s largest producer of offset paper, before the FAS Russia.
- Representing a top-10 pharma company globally, on obtaining approvals from the Federal Antimonopoly Service and the Governmental Commission for Control of Foreign Investments for the acquisition of one of the largest Russian pharma companies, the listed manufacturer of generic and oncology drugs and medical plasters.
- Advising a global pharma leader in relation to advertising law in the course of an examination carried out by an antimonopoly body.
- Advising on the USD 35.1bn merger of two global advertising sector giants, both of which possessed valuable assets in Russia.
- Obtaining antimonopoly approval for the USD 220m cross-border acquisition in networking, connectivity, and cable products manufacturing sector.
- Counselling an international consortium in course of a legal due diligence review and subsequent acquisition of a Russian oil extracting asset.
- Representing a leading national metals & mining company in reactions to an unannounced dawn raid carried out by the Federal Antimonopoly Service in response to a competitor’s claim.
Anna Numerova is one of the leading competition law experts in Russia. In 2013 she joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners as a Counsel in the Competition Law Practice. Anna worked as a Partner in the Competition Law Practice at another Russian law firm and prior to that she was a member of the Competition team at ALRUD.
Anna is a member of the Public Council at the FAS Russia. She is a member of Competition Experts Association, and of the Non-Profit Partnership “CIS Competition Support Association”. For over eight years Anna has served as a member of General Council of Competition Experts Association, and acted as Chairwoman of the latter for four years.
Anna graduated from Moscow Humanitarian University in 2000. She holds a Master’s degree in private law from Russia’s School of Private Law (2008) and an LLM in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
In 2015 Anna was awarded a Second-Class Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland.
Anna has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.