Lev represents clients in complex legal proceedings, including corporate conflicts, and before oversight bodies. He has successfully challenged requirements to suspend business operations on several occasions.
Recent projects have included:
- Representing an oil company shareholder in a protracted corporate conflict over the loss of the shareholders’ register.
- Protecting a shareholder’s interests in disputes over the return of shares stolen through a series of transactions, and the restoration of corporate control.
- Representing Alvarez & Marsal in its role as receiver for the assets of BTA Bank, in disputes over restoring corporate control of Vitino seaport.
- Representing Togliattiazot in disputes with shareholders over demands for information, recovery of losses, share claims, etc.
- Developing a successful pre-trial strategy and advising the client on the prospects for legal proceedings in conjunction with a counterparty’s intent to walk away from a deal to acquire a block of shares.
- Protecting the interests of Sakhalin Energy in a multibillion dispute with Rosneft over access to an LNG pipeline.
- Representing European financial corporation in disputes over the repayment of a US $ 100m-plus loan.
- Representing a private individual in a precedent-setting legal dispute to recover funds from a bank that were stolen from an account by using a fake notarised power of attorney.
- Successfully protecting the interests of Allianz against a group of fraudsters trying to claim more than RUB 1bn from the company.
- Protecting the interests of Transammiak in a landmark dispute relating to an ammonia leak from the Togliatti-Odessa ammonia pipeline in Voronezh region.
Lev graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University, School of Law, and completed a master’s degree at the Russian School of Private Law. He has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association and teaches a course in practical jurisprudence at the Higher School of Economics.