Artem has over 20 years of legal experience focused on representing the largest Russian and foreign companies in litigation over corporate relations, investment agreements, construction contracts, real property leases and the securities market. Artem also has experience developing and supporting banking software and has advised on various payment and banking issues. He also focuses on intellectual property rights issues.
His recent highlights are:
- Representing a domestic satellite services monopolist with a gateway in the Russian Federation in a dispute with mala fide counterparties intending to provide similar services with no license to do so using insecure communication channels.
- Representing the largest Russian air carrier in a precedent-setting dispute over recovery of 200,000 bonds unlawfully funneled by a broker to an affiliate, in addition to coupon yield paid.
- Representing shareholders of a large energy company is disputes with mala fide parties trying to establish corporate control and to recover damages using fraudulent schemes.
- Defending a Russian software developer and big data processing contractor in criminal proceedings over alleged tax evasion.
- Comprehensive legal counselling to the general contractor of a large sports facility. Representing the client in a number of lawsuits with the construction project owner and counterparties on recovery of billions of roubles in debt and penalties.
- Representing an international paper company in a dispute with municipal authorities over recovery of land plot lease debts and the identity of the land owner.
- Representing a large Russian developer in a dispute with the St. Petersburg city administration over the development of a number of residential areas in St. Petersburg, as well as in litigation over the reconstruction of a historic district.
- Advising a municipally-owned company in charge of constructing a road tunnel in a USD 790 million dispute at the ICAC (within the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry) arising out of the termination of a concession agreement.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2015, Artem held the position of department supervisor in the legal directorate of Bank St. Petersburg, where he managed litigation on behalf of the bank, provided legal support to the bank’s corporate and business operations, and worked on legal review of intellectual property rights acquisitions. Prior to this, Artem worked at a St. Petersburg law firm, where he represented clients in court in tax, general commercial, and corporate disputes. His career also included working within various LUKOIL entities for over 7 years.
He graduated from the Law School of the Lomonosov Pomor State University (currently the Lomonosov Northern (Arctic) Federal University). He has been qualified as a lawyer specializing in jurisprudence and has been admitted to the St. Petersburg Bar.
He has been awarded a diploma by the St. Petersburg Bar Association for «Achievements in Arbitration».
Artem is fluent in English.