Dmitry’s sphere of professional interests covers resolution of cross-border commercial and insolvency disputes along with concurrent litigation and arbitration proceedings conducted in multiple jurisdictions with involvement of states and their constituencies. Dmitry has experience of arbitrating under UNCITRAL, LCIA, SCC, Swiss Chambers, ICAC (MKAS) and WIPO Arbitration rules. His recent cases include:
- Representing the Russian Federation in USD 1bln tax dispute instituted by ExxonMobil out of a production sharing agreement.
- Representing a Russian investor in USD 500 mln investment arbitration against an Eastern European State under UNCITRAL Rules.
- Representing a major Russian city in UNCITRAL arbitration out of a concession agreement.
- Representing an Irish taxpayer-owned bank before Russian commercial courts in multibillion complex cross-border litigation disputes over the landmark assets.
- Representing a foreign state in a real estate case considered by Moscow civil courts raising a sovereign immunity issue.
- Representing a leading Russian spirits company in a large-scale insolvency case before Russian commercial courts, including the Supreme Commercial Court.
Prior to joining Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Dmitry worked for Russian Standard Corporation as Deputy Director, Legal Affairs focusing on international commercial litigation and arbitration as well as on resolution of domestic commercial, IP and labour disputes.
Dmitry graduated from the Moscow State Academy of Law cum laude. Dmitry holds an LL.M. degree from NYU School of Law in International Business Transactions, Litigation & Arbitration, and PhD of the Moscow State Academy of Law. Dmitry has been admitted to the Bar Association of Moscow Region since 2007.
In 2017 Dmitry spent three months on secondment at WilmerHale (London).
Dmitry is an author of several articles and studies dedicated to enforcement of foreign judgements, exequatur proceedings against foreign sovereigns, and cross-border insolvency issues.