Roman Malovitsky, Senior Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, is scheduled to speak at The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Russia master class entitled Legal Aspects of a Bank Guarantee. Dispute Resolution in Moscow on March 20, 2012.
Speakers at the event will include representatives of both international and Russian law firms who will share their experiences with the master class participants. A judge from the Russian Supreme Arbitrazh Court is also expected to speak.
The discussions at the master class will include:
- Russian law on guarantees: particularities and pitfalls
- International law. Incorporation of URDG into the text of a guarantee
- Choice of law in respect of a bank guarantee
- Guarantees under English law
- Types of guarantees. Interrelation between the underlying agreement and a guarantee
- Securing liabilities under a state contract
- Independence of a bank guarantee from the underlying obligation
- Problems in complying with the written form of a guarantee issued by means of SWIFT
- Changing terms of a guarantee (amount, validity period)
- Dispute resolution
If you wish to participate, please fill out the attached registration form and send it to Yury Popov at ICC Russia at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax +7 (495) 720-5081.
For more details about the event please visit www.iccwbo.ru.