On July 6-8 2017 International Association of Maritime Lawyers “Shiparrested” will hold the 14th Annual Shiparrested.com conference in St. Petersburg. Alexey Karchiomov, Senior Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners’ Maritime Shipping / Transport Law Practice at will speak at the event.
Shiparrested.com conferences are held annually in order to introduce and unite maritime law experts around the world, which is of great importance for developing and strengthening of international relations among maritime lawyers. It is the first time when St. Petersburg has been chosen to host such an event. Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners is one of the four law firms organizing the conference.
The three-day program of the event includes a business part, as well as a cocktail reception and a sightseeing tour of St. Petersburg.
Within the framework of the business program of the conference, the participants will discuss the following topics:
- Arrests in Russia from co-hosts
- Strangest Arrest Cases
- Black Sea Regional Procedures
- Foreign vessel owners ‘bankruptcy proceedings vs. creditors’ local arrest (in rem) proceedings - conflict of laws and Israeli legal approach
- Recent Developments in Estonian Ship Arrest Practice
- Awakening of the Prize Court by the Haifa Maritime Court (TANissue15 article)
- Is it possible to arrest a Cruise Ship under the rules of the International Conventions?
- UAE & the new Emirates Maritime Arbitration Centre (EMAC).
For more information about the event please visit the Shiparrested.com web-site.
To sign up for the event:
Pre-registration is required. Attendance is limited.
Contacts: email@example.com, +7 (812) 322 96 81.