Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners invites you to attend a business discussion on the topic “Collateral in business practice: How not to miss the essentials”. The event will be held on 16 June 2016 (Thursday) from 10:00 to 13:00 (registration opens at 9:30) at the Marriott Tverskaya: 34, 1-aya Tverskaya-Yamskaya Street (metro station Belorusskaya).
Collateral is one of the most effective and widespread means of securing an obligation. In 2014, extensive reforms were made to mortgage laws. Since then the practice of applying the new rules has gradually begun to take hold; however, most of the new rules continue to raise questions. Moreover, several new, useful institutions have gone unnoticed.
In the course of the discussion, the Firm’s experts will cover the most interesting and vital questions that arise in the practice of securing an obligation.
Topics for discussion:
- Registry of pledge notifications for movable property: how not to lose your advantage
- Cautio judicatum solvi
- Shares and equity collateral
- Practical issues of enforced collection and recovery of collateral
- Enforced collection and the sale of collateral: what are the opportunities to exploit?
- Use of Russian companies’ shares and equity collateral in M&A deals and/or deals regulated by foreign law.
- Roman MALOVITSKY, Counsel, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets
- Vera RIKHTERMAN, Counsel, Litigation
- Vyacheslav YUGAI, Senior Associate, M&A and Corporate
- Evgenia EVDOKIMOVA, Expert, M&A and Corporate