21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Stepan Rusanov specialises in handling complex commercial, corporate and bankruptcy disputes, as well as preparing risk-based legal opinions.
Recently, he has acted in the following disputes:
- Representing a landlord in a case to recover billions of roubles in damages caused by a factory fire.
- Advising a major UK bank on recovery losses arising from the fraudulent actions of the CFO of one of the bank's clients.
- Assessing the prospects for a Dutch bank to retain a pledge of Russian real estate as security for loan agreements structured under Dutch law.
- Inclusion of a Turkish bank's collateral claims based on loan agreements in the register of creditors of a Russian legal entity in the context of parallel challenges of loan agreements by affiliates of the bankrupt in the courts of general jurisdiction.
- Defending a major mining company in a dispute over recovery of billions of rubles in damages for the formation of mining waste on a neighbouring site.
Prior to joining Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners Stepan worked at one of the top Russian law firm. He is currently studying at the Higher School of Economics.