21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Oxana Akhmedova specialises in antitrust law and regulation.
Her experience includes:
- successfully defending Yandex, Russia’s largest IT company, in a dispute on pre-installed apps vs Google at the Court of Appeal. With the settlement agreement the parties succeeded in finding an acceptable arrangement for managing the consequences of violations of antimonopoly law previously identified by the FAS, and ensuring competition on mobile app market – for mobile search apps in particular.
- antimonopoly audit of the agreements entered into by the subsidiary of an international producer of health, hygiene and home products;
- representing a distributor of medical products under the Chelyabinsk FAS directorate investigation into a cartel agreement with a competitor for sales of medicinal products;
- antimonopoly audit of the work practices of a largest Russian retailer;
- review of a dealership agreement entered into by a European luxury car maker as to compliance with the Russian antitrust laws;
- development of a strategy of distributor-dealer relations closing out the distributor’s unilateral waiver from the agreement with the dealer, drafting of a complaint and follow-up of its consideration by the FAS as instructed by a major trader;
- representing a client before the antimonopoly authorities on a matter related to mala fide acquisition and use of the rights to trademarks;
- engagement in matters related to challenging of an antimonopoly breach by a major beverage manufacturer by way of entering into distributorship agreements;
- engagement in a matter of challenging of an antimonopoly breach by a publishing house in form of unfair competition by way of misrepresentations on the circulation of a print medium.
Before joining Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in 2010, she worked in the Legal Department of Hermitage Construction and Management, and in Pepeliaev Group, Goltsblat BLP and Hogan Lovells law firms.
Oxana received an Honours Degree in Law from the State University – Higher School of Economics and completed a training course on Changes in International Economics and Finance at Bremerhaven International Summer School in Germany.
She is a member of the Pskov Region Bar Association.