21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Helen Avakyan is an expert in various fields of law and has extensive experience in law-making.
Helen participated in drafting laws on securities market regulation, corporate law, bankruptcy and arbitration proceedings. She has repeatedly participated in preparing resolutions of the Presidium and Plenum of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation.
Prior to joining the Firm, Elena was the Head of the Control and Analysis Department of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation, where she was one of the ideologists and managers of the project to introduce an electronic justice system in Russia.
Helen is currently:
- Vice President and member of the Council of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers of the Russian Federation, where she has been a member since 2019;
- Chairwoman of the Intellectual Property Dispute Board of the Arbitration Centre at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs;
- Executive Director of the Association of Corporate Law Experts;
- Member of thematic working groups for each area of the state programme "Digital Economy" of the Skolkovo Foundation competence centres;
- Member of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP) Committee on Intellectual Property;
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the non-commercial association of digital financial assets market participants (CFA);
- State Counselor of Justice of the Russian Federation, 2nd Class,
- Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Law of the Higher School of Economics, Lecturer at the MGIMO University, Moscow State Law Academy.
In 2016, at a meeting of the Public Council of the Centre for Public Procedures "Business Against Corruption", Boris Titov, Presidential Commissioner for the Protection of Entrepreneurs' Rights, awarded the Firm a certificate of merit for Helen's active pro bono work in protecting entrepreneurs' rights.
Helen has been awarded the title "Honorary Worker of the Judicial System of the Russian Federation" and has a commendation from the Intellectual Rights Court.
In 2020, Helen was awarded the title of Woman of the Year by the European Women of Legal Tech award.
Helen graduated from St. Petersburg State University with a qualification in law.
She is admitted to the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
Helen is fluent in English.
EPAM Will Speak at the Annual Law Firm Management Conference
Helen Avakyan Will Speak at Vedomosti Conference "Effective Management of the Intellectual Property"
Joint Department of EPAM Will Hold a Round Table "Legal Ethics in Modern Environment" at the National Research University Higher School of Economics
Elena Avakyan Featured as Legal Talks Speaker on Legal Issues of Regulation of Artificial Intelligence
Helen Avakyan Will Host Workshop on Digital Transformation of Law at EPAM Foundation Department at HSE
Elena Avakyan Appointed as the Chairman of the Board of the Arbitration Centre at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs for Intellectual Property Disputes; Pavel Sadovsky Appointed as an Arbitrator of the Board
Rankings and Awards
Pravo.ru-300 Recommends More Than 50 EPAM Lawyers in 38 Areas of Law