21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Grigory Shafeev advises and represents clients in cases on violations of antimonopoly legislation, as well as on compliance with antimonopoly legislation and commercial activities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
Grigory focuses on such industries as: metallurgy, transport, energy, chemical industry, IT, gas production and processing (including product share agreements), insurance, airport services, communications.
His experience in defending clients' interests in antitrust investigations includes:
- Representing the interests of MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company SA, the world's second largest international sea container carrier, in an antitrust investigation on concerted actions in the international sea container cargo transportation market.
- Representing the interests of a large chemical company during an unscheduled on-site inspection ("dawn raid") conducted by the FAS Russia related to a prohibited "vertical" agreement in the market of ammonia transportation by ammonia pipeline.
- Representing the interests of a largest wholesale consumer of electric energy and capacity in the FAS Russia in investigation over prohibited price manipulation in the wholesale electricity market. The case was dismissed due to the absence of a violation. His experience in engaging antimonopoly authorities to protect the interests of clients includes:
- Representation of the FAS Russia is the largest Russian IT-company, Yandex in the antitrust investigation of abuse of Google in the market pre-installed app stores for devices on the Android operating system.
- Representation of interests in the FAS of Russia of a major Russian airport operator in the antimonopoly investigation of anticompetitive collusion of a competing client company with government authorities during the organization and selection of an investor for the modernization project of Perm International Airport (Bolshoe Savino).
- Representing the interests of the plants of a large Russian metallurgical company in the case of the establishment of monopolistically high prices and the presence of a cartel on the market of liquid caustic soda.
- Representing the interests of a large timber holding company in the FAS of Russia in the case of abuse of a dominant position by a monopolistic Russian producer of viscose pulp.
His experience in developing strategies for market behavior and structuring the company's business includes:
- Advising a major European manufacturer of household chemicals and household goods on compliance with the Russian antimonopoly legislation on the internal pricing mechanisms introduced by the client in Russia and Ukraine.
- Developing a trade policy of a large metallurgical holding company regulating the sale of certain types of produces products.
Prior to joining EPAM, Grigory worked at a Russian law firm and served as a Legal Counsel at several Russian companies.
Grigory graduated from the State University – Higher School of Economics in 2003.
He is a member of Moscow city Bar from 2005.
He is fluent in English.