21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Perfect knowledge of labour legislation, and ability to work very quickly
Anna is the Head of the Employment Law Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners. Prior to joining EPAM, she was the Head of the Employment Law Practice at Linklaters CIS.
Anna has wide experience in advising Russian and foreign companies from various sectors on all aspects of Russian employment and migration law. She has successfully represented clients in many individual and collective labour disputes, including litigation and amicable settlement of conflicts. Her experience includes both general employment advices, incentive plans, employee separation (over 120 successfully handled cases over the last four years), structuring of employment relations of foreign specialists in Russia and aspects of migration law.
Anna Ivanova has outstanding experience in dealing with employee misbehaviour and separation. She has handled more than 45 dismissals of general directors. Her latest relevant experience includes such a matter as advising a CIS-based beverage company during a corporate conflict. She has investigated the former branch CEO’s professional misconduct and the involvement of other employees in fraudulent actions. After the investigation, several employees were dismissed from the company.
Anna has acted on:
- Representing a multinational mining company in a dispute with trade union leaders dismissed for failure of medical examination.
- Representing a state university in a tough litigation against the former principal who attempted to challenge the termination of the employment contract, which was due to the non-compliant performance.
- Advising a global high-technology corporation on labour issues pertaining to a corruption case in Russia.
- Advising a major European bank with regard to the amendment of an internal labour policy and drafting a contract for the amicable termination of employment.
- Providing complex legal support to a telecoms giant with over 250 million subscribers, in all areas of employment and immigration law regarding its Russian subsidiaries.
- Advising one of the largest developers and suppliers of IT solutions and services in the Russian market, in relation to its domestic contracts including its bonus scheme.
- Arranging series of high level employment law training sessions to legal and HR employees of the global FMCG giant regarding relations with the trade unions and the new edition of the Russian Civil Code.
Her selected personal experience before joining EPAM includes:
- Implementation of a shortened working week in a leading automotive factory during the economic downturn. Subsequent representation of the client’s interests in court winning more than 30 individual labour disputes.
- Development of a long term incentive plan for the management board of the Russian office of an international investment bank.
- Organization of mass redundancy procedure and change of management in the Russian office of a global leader in the provision of threat detection and screening technologies.
Anna joined the working group for the draft law on remote work with the State Duma Committee on Labor, Social Policy and Veterans’ Affairs in July 2020.
Anna is recommended for Employment Law in Russia by Chambers Europe and The Legal 500. She is a member of the editorial board of Labour Disputes magazine and a regular speaker at major HR conferences.
Anna received her law degree with honours from the North Western Academy for Government Services in St. Petersburg. Anna graduated the Moscow International Higher Business School (MIRBIS) with an MBA degree in HR.
She has been admitted to the Leningrad Region Bar Association. She is fluent in English.