21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Anna Arutyunyan advises and represents clients on a wide range of antitrust and regulatory issues, including dominance, anticompetitive agreements and concerted practices, and unfair competition. Anna has significant experience in antitrust litigation and dispute resolution.
Anna has represented the interests of many Russian and foreign clients before the FAS of Russia and courts of all instances in all types of antitrust proceedings. Anna has extensive experience in representing clients before the FAS of Russia and the courts in disputes of trade, public procurement and advertising law.
Anna has vast experience in antitrust regulation in digital markets, as well as in cases of antitrust law violations involving results of intellectual activity.
Among Anna's most notable projects are:
- Defending the interests of Yandex, a major Russian IT company, in an antitrust investigation against Google over abuse of a dominant position in the market for pre-installed app shops on Android devices.
- Representing an international container carrier in a case concerning concerted actions on the sea container shipping market before the FAS of Russia.
- Advising the Federal Antimonopoly Service on a transaction between the aggregators Yandex.Taxi and Uber.
- Negotiating with the FAS of Russia an agreement on cooperation between taxi aggregators Gett and Citymobile.
- Representing an IT coalition (leaders of the Russian internet in various areas, including Avito, IVI, CIAN and others) in an antitrust investigation concerning Yandex on the internet search market.
- Representing a major Russian medical equipment manufacturer in a series of audits by the territorial antimonopoly authorities and in an investigation into abuse of a dominant position through overpricing of equipment supplied under government contracts in one of the Russian regions.
- Defending the interests of a flooring market leader before the Russian FAS by proving that the terms of franchising agreements and bonus schemes of another market player - Tarkett, Russia's biggest linoleum producer - were anti-competitive.
- Drafting a commercial policy for a group of companies manufacturing and selling alcoholic beverages in order to select counterparties and supply them on non-discriminatory terms.
- Drafting a comprehensive commercial policy for a pharmaceutical manufacturer governing its relations with potential contractors, existing contractors and a system of discounts and bonuses for contractors.
- Participating in developing the sales policy, pricing methodology and anti-monopoly compliance system for a major Russian metals manufacturer.
- Supporting the client, a pharmaceuticals company, in a scheduled inspection of compliance with advertising law, etc.
- Representing a number of Russian and foreign companies on FMCG markets in cases concerning unfair competition in the form of confusion through imitation of the clients' corporate style and product package design.
Prior to joining the Firm in the summer of 2019, Anna worked for a Russian law firm specialising in antitrust matters.
Anna is also a member of the Competition Experts Association.
Anna graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University cum laude (2008). She holds a PhD in Law and is an associate professor at the Criminal Proceedings, Justice and Prosecutor’s Supervision Department at Lomonosov Moscow State University’s Law School.
She is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.