24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Andrey represents the interests of Russian and international companies in commercial disputes, including relations in the field of construction contracts, corporate disputes and insolvency.
Among Andrey’s projects:
- Representing the interests of the international pharmaceutical company in a number of cases challenging cession and guarantee transactions with the Russian distribution holding for a total amount of approximately €30 million. Despite the negative practice on similar cases, the EPAM attorneys provided a precedent legal position, which made it possible to achieve a complete refusal to invalidate transactions involving the client;
- Representing the interests of one of the largest mining companies in Kazakhstan in the dispute involving major transactions without corporate approval more than $20 million in total. In parallel the work included the recognition and enforcement of decisions of Kazakh courts;
- Representing the interests of the general contractor in a series of disputes with a state customer in connection with the execution of the contract for the construction of a large transport infrastructure facility worth more than 30 billion rubles;
- Preventing the recognition and enforcement of the award of the London arbitration to recover damages from a Russian agro-industrial company in the amount of more than $10 million, which was made without taking into account the super-imperative norms of Russian legislation and was contrary to the public policy of the Russian Federation;
- Defending the interests of the Russian bank in the case challenging an interbank transaction for the assignment of claims against borrowers subsequently declared insolvent. Within the framework of this dispute, the EPAM attorneys denied the expert opinions available in the case and formulated a legal position on the equivalence of the disputed transaction;
- Representing the interests of the major Finnish tire manufacturer in the framework of the project on bringing to subsidiary liability an unfair beneficiary of an insolvent debtor of the client, including the search and seizure of his property in foreign jurisdictions.
- Advising and representing the interests of the foreign contractor during the construction of a federal highway in the Moscow Region, advising on the settlement of mutual claims in the amount of more than 1.2 billion rubles;
- Defending the interests of a subcontractor in the dispute with a general contractor under the construction contract of a nuclear power facility. The amount of the dispute is more than 1 billion rubles;
- Defending the interests of the international manufacturer of equipment for fuel and energy companies in a number of litigations and negotiations to resolve a corporate conflict in the Russian Federation.
Andrey is recommended by the international ranking Best Lawyers in the category of arbitration and mediation.
Andrey graduated from graduated from St. Petersburg State University School of Law in 2018. Now he is working on his Ph.D. thesis on the problem of subordination of claims of creditors affiliated with the debtor.
Andrey is fluent in English.