Alina has over 20 years of experience in the legal profession. She focuses on corporate and bankruptcy disputes, as well as on real estate, environmental litigation and enforcement (bailiff) proceedings in Russia. She specialises in defamation cases and has well proven experience in the field.
Her recent defamation cases include:
- Representing the Bolshoi Theatre in a dispute with a music critic who sought to recover RUB 2m and an official apology as a compensation for moral damages. As a result, the Tver District Court of Moscow rejected the claim of our client’s opponent.
- Representing a publishing house, member of the Gazprom-Media Group, in a defamation lawsuit.
- Elaborating of a general defamation defence legal strategy for a Russia’s largest chemical company, including representing the client at the pre-judicial stage of dispute settlement with the media.
Her experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Successful representation of Transammiak in courts of three instances in a dispute with Minudobreniya. We managed to win the case without revealing commercial secrets of the client. The opponent initiated the court proceedings in order to get these trade secrets revealed. At the market this situation is quite unique. Matter value: RUB 2bn.
- Representing VEB-Leasing, the Russian leasing market leader, in a dispute initiated by Pervaya Transportnaya Kompaniya LLC, a leaseholder, aimed at invalidating certain provisions of a number of the finance lease agreements. Matter value: RUB 31bn.
- Advising and representing an international natural gas extracting consortium before the Federal Antimonopoly Service and and commercial disputes in a case related to access to the consortium’s gas pipeline.
- Representing a large Russian chemical company regarding disputes arising from construction contracts, as well as corporate disputes.
- Representing a Russian chemical plant in a RUB 2bn environmental dispute against the Federal Supervisory Natural Resources Management Service (Rosprirodnadzor) before the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of Russia.
- Representing a major media holding company in a complex patent dispute with the claimed damages amounting to about USD 65m.
- Representing Russian Railways in a dispute with the Federal Antimonopoly Service over the change in the schedule of commuter railway trains.
- Representing an Austrian public financial corporation with regard to its participation in an investment project in Russia.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2010, Alina has had worked for 10 years at the Inter-Republican Bar Association.
She graduated from Moscow State Social University Law School, cum laude, in 2000.
In 2011 she attended Lex Mundi Institute Cross-Border Dispute Resolution Program (USA, California).
Alina has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.