21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Alexander’s practice focuses on cross-border and domestic M&A transactions involving Russian businesses from oil and gas, media, telecommunications, retail and other industries. He also has a broad experience in representing clients with regard to international finance deals including syndicated loans and financial restructuring, as well as international debt and equity offerings. Alexander advises Russian and international companies on various regulatory issues, as well as foreign investment and antitrust matters.
Alexander’s selected projects include:
- Advising a major Russian mining group Uzhuralzoloto in relation to the acquisition of a 22% share in Petropavlovsk PLC
- Advising LABQUESTTECHNOLOGY Group in relation to the dissolution of its medical services joint venture “LabQuest”
- Advising a major Russian mining company in relation to establishment of two joint ventures with a consortium of a Russian state owned company and a major private equity fund
- Advising a major Russian company with regard to a USD multi-billion acquisition of a leading oil company
- Advising a major Russian oil company with regard to a USD multi-million voluntary tender offer to the shareholders of a publicly traded company
- Advising a leading Russian business group with regard to a $200m acquisition of operating assets of a leading TV company
- Advising the ad hoc committee of bondholders of Roust Group in relation to a USD 460m restructuring of its debt under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Advising a major metallurgical company with regard to restructuring of its USD multi-million credit facility involving a court-governed scheme of arrangement in England and Jersey
- Advising a major metallurgical company with regard to a USD multi-million restructuring of its corporate debt
- Advising various oil&gas, energy and mining companies in relation to origination and restructuring of multi-million syndicated loan facilities
Alexander is a qualified Russian attorney and a member of the New York Bar. He graduated from Moscow State University Law School (cum laude) in 2007, received an LL.M. degree from the University of Chicago in 2010 and defended a PhD thesis in civil law in 2015. Before joining the Firm in 2016, Alexander practiced at the Moscow office of Cleary Gottlieb since 2006.
Alexander has a number of publications in professional journals and is a co-author of the pioneering guidelines How to Become a Public Company published by Moscow Exchange.
He is fluent in English.