Anna Numerova, a well-known Russian antitrust expert, has joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners as a Counsel in the Competition Law Practice led by Partner Natalia Korosteleva.
Anna Numerova has outstanding experience advising on a wide range of antitrust issues, including those related to M&A transactions and the transfer of assets by large local and international companies in Russia and abroad. She also represents clients before the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia (FAS) as well as in arbitration courts, advises on various commercial and corporate law issues and conducts legal due diligence in sectors such as banking, automotive, telecommunications, FMCG, B2B services and business processes, aircraft and other manufacturing, VoIP services and many others.
The following are among Anna’s recent matters:
- advising on the legal defense strategy together with RBB Economics, and representing the client before the FAS with regard to suspected participation in cartel agreements on the telecom market;
- advising an investor seeking to obtain transaction approval from the Government Commission on Monitoring Foreign Investment in the Russian Federation and representing its interests before the FAS (aircraft engineering);
- representing an international cosmetics manufacturer before the FAS on issues relating to their draft model agreements and their compliance with the requirements of Russian antitrust laws;
- advising the world’s leading automotive manufacturer on obtaining approval of a transaction to gain partial control over a US-based automotive company;
- advising a large Brazilian food producer on obtaining FAS approval for the acquisition of an international food producer.
Anna Numerova is one of the leading competition law experts in Russia according to Chambers Europe 2013, which recognises her as “an experienced skilled practitioner advising at the highest level and having a perfect understanding of business tasks”.
Anna is a member of the General Council of the Non-Profit Partnership for Competition Support, a member of the Non-Profit Partnership “CIS Competition Support Association” and a member of the Advisory Board on Advertising of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia. She also plays an active role in the steering committees of the International Bar Association (IBA) and the American Bar Association (ABA).
Before joining the Firm, Anna worked as a Partner at another Russian law firm and prior to that she was a member of the competition team at Alrud.
Anna graduated from Moscow Humanitarian University in 2000. She holds a Master’s degree in private law from Russia’s School of Private Law (2008) and an LL.M. degree in international law, business and economy from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
“We are pleased to welcome Anna on board. The Competition Law Practice is one of the core practice areas at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners. We continue to increase our capacities by hiring the best experts on the market. We are sure the Firm will benefit from Anna’s vast experience, excellence and strong reputation in the legal community to strengthen its leadership in legal practice in Russia and the CIS”, comments Natalia Korosteleva, Partner, Head of the Competition Law Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners.