On March 12, 2020, Chambers Europe posted the results of its annual review of the legal market in Europe including Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has maintained its leadership in all key areas and increased its number of individually ranked lawyers.
In Russia, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners is ranked in Band 1 and Band 2 for most areas.
As such, Сhambers Europe 2020 recommends the Firm’s lawyers in Russia for competition, banking & finance and capital markets, M&A and corporate (Band 1), international and domestic dispute resolution (Band 1), corporate crime, employment, intellectual property, TMT, bankruptcy and restructuring, as well as tax.
Following Chambers Europe’s review for Russia, three of the Firm’s lawyers have been ranked for the first time: Moscow Office Competition Counsels Denis Gavrilov and Maria Kobanenko have been noted for competition law, and Counsel heading Litigation Practice in St Petersburg Evgeny Gurchenko has been recommended for dispute resolution in the regional ratings.
The Firm’s Competition Practice is a record breaker with 5 experts from the practice being ranked.
In the regional ratings, the corporate practice has been promoted to Band 1. And the Firm’s Litigation Practice in St Petersburg has - for the second consecutive year - stayed ahead of the competition and remained the only absolute leader both in the ratings (Band 1) and on the market.
Chambers Europe 2020 ranked a total of 22 lawyers of the firm, including:
- Dimitry Afanasiev, Chairman of the Firm, is ranked as an Eminent Practitioner for corporate law and dispute resolution;
- Ilya Nikiforov, Managing Partner, is noted as Eminent Practitioner for international and domestic dispute resolution;
- Victoria Burkovskaya, Partner heading White-Collar Crime Practice;
- Dmitriy Glazounov, Partner heading Banking & Finance, Capital Markets Practice;
- Valery Eremenko, Partner heading Litigation Practice;
- Arkady Krasnikhin, Partner heading M&A and Corporate Practice;
- Natalia Korosteleva, Partner heading Competition Practice;
- Evgeny Raschevsky, Partner co-heading International Arbitration and Litigation Practice;
- Ivan Smirnov, Managing Partner of the St Petersburg Office;
- Sergey Kalinin, Partner heading Tax Practice;
- Denis Arkhipov, Litigation Partner;
- Robin Wittering, Head of English Law;
- Anna Numerova, Competition Partner;
- Evgeny Bolshakov, Competition Partner;
- Elena Agaeva, Counsel heading M&A and Corporate Law (St Petersburg);
- Pavel Sadovsky, Counsel heading Intellectual Property / ТMT;
- Evgeny Gurchenko, Counsel heading Litigation Practice (St Petersburg) (ranked for the first time);
- Anna Ivanova, Senior Associate heading Employment and Migration Practice;
- Oleg Ushakov, Banking & Finance and Capital Markets Partner;
- Denis Gavrilov, Competition Counsel (ranked for the first time);
- Maria Kobanenko, Competition Counsel (ranked for the first time);
- Igor Schikow, Tax Counsel.
In Belarus, the Firm has always been highly ranked in banking & finance, corporate and commercial laws, and dispute resolution. Chambers Europe 2020 has also individually ranked the following lawyers:
- Denis Turovets, Managing Partner of the Minsk Office;
- Anna Rusetskaya, Partner;
- Alexander Buzo, Senior Associate (ranked for the first time).
In Ukraine, the directory recommends Managing Partner Oksana Ilchenko for M&A and corporate law.