Gleb Bialyi is a Partner at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Co-Head of Litigation and Head of International Trade and Customs Practice in Ukraine.
Mr. Bialyi has extensive experience in representation of clients in commercial, civil and administrative proceedings, specializing in the protection of corporate rights against unlawful mergers and acquisitions, finance law and securities, commercial, tax and employment law. He also provides legal advice on a broad range of commercial and civil law related issues, bankruptcy and debt collection, as well as on exports and imports of goods and services.
Mr. Bialyi has successfully represented major national and international metallurgical, automotive, aerospace and marine companies, chemical manufacturers, insurance, investment, banking and financial institutions.
Over the years of practice in litigation and international trade and customs law, Mr. Bialyi is known for:
- Representing the bank owned by the Government of the Republic of Ireland on its multidimensional dispute relating to the enforcement of the Bank’s rights to the commercial real estate in the Ukrainian capital;
- Representing an international financial institution in disputes against a Ukrainian Bank, connected with illegal write-off of deposits;
- Representing the owner of one of the largest Ukrainian automobiles importer, producer and seller, in dispute with Ukrainian bank regarding credit obligations in USD 60 mln claim;
- Representing a US-based leading provider of larger Offshore Service Vessels to the global energy industry, in a complex dispute involving different spheres of international and Ukrainian law, e.g. maritime law, labour law;
- Representing of Ukrainian ferroalloy industry in trade investigations in USA, EEU;
- Representing a leading Russian manufacturer and seller of fertilizer mixture in antidumping investigation in the Ukraine;
- Advising one of the largest ammonia producers worldwide on wide range of different disputes in Ukraine;
- Achieved the almost 20 times decrease of customs duty on imports of steel rebar to U.S. from Latvia;
- Contributing to the signing of the Agreement between Ukraine and the Russian Federation on the duty-free import of certain types of steel pipes;
- Participating in numerous investigations in the US, EU, Canada, Russia and Ukraine, representing both domestic and foreign producers of metallurgical, chemical and other products.
Highly regarded by peers and clients for his dispute resolution expertise, Gleb has been recognized by Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Europe 2016. He is also recognized among leading individuals in International/Foreign Trade according to Who's Who Legal and "Ukrainian Law Firms 2015. A Handbook for Foreign Clients" compilation by Yuridicheskaya Practika publishing house.
Mr. Bialyi has obtained Master’s degree of International Public Law at the Institute of International Relations of National University of Taras Shevchenko. He is fluent in Russian, Ukrainian, English and German.
Gleb is admitted to the Kyiv Regional Bar Association (2007) and is a member of Ukrainian Bar Association and International Bar Association.