Arkady Krasnikhin’s areas of practice include corporate law, M&A and finance. He has extensive experience of representing major Russian and international clients in acquisitions and mergers, structuring complex corporate and financial transactions, and providing day-to-day legal support.
Arkady has been involved in several projects in the areas of M&A and corporate law, including:
- Advising an international investment group on the creation of a joint venture for the extraction and processing of precious metals.
- Advising a major pharmaceuticals company on the creation of a joint venture for the development and manufacturing of medicines.
- Advising a major oil and gas company on the sale of its foreign assets.
- Advising Rosgeologia on a wide range of matters pertaining to corporate law, and providing legal support for corporate transactions.
- Advising a Russian pharmaceuticals holding on matters of corporate restructuring.
- Advising a shareholder of the fishing company Norebo Holding on the acquisition of a block of shares in the company from a foreign investor.
- Advising a Russian company on the acquisition of a stake in a major transnational pipeline project including coordination of legal teams in several CIS jurisdictions.
- Advising a state investment and development company in the United Arab Emirates on the creation of a joint venture with a Russian state investment fund to carry out energy infrastructure projects in Russia.
- Providing legal support for the acquisition of a block of shares in Tele2 Russia by a consortium of investors.
- Advising Metro Group on an agreement to sell the Real hypermarket chain to Auchan.
- Advising and supporting a Russian company on a deal to acquire a thermal power plant.
Arkady joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in 2004, and became a partner in 2007. He graduated with honours from the St. Petersburg State University School of Law and obtained an LLM degree from New York University. He is a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association and is licenced to practise in the State of New York.