Anna Numerova has outstanding experience advising on a wide range of antitrust issues, including M&A transactions and representing clients before the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia (FAS Russia) as well as in arbitration courts. Anna advises on various commercial and corporate law issues and conducts competition legal due diligences and supports in arrangement of antitrust compliance systems in all industries.
The following are among Anna’s recent matters:
- Developing of the first compliance system for state-owned company Russian Highways (Avtodor), a global infrastructure investment holding company that develops and operates major roads, motorways and roadside infrastructure.
- Successfully defending the interests of Tele2 in precedent-setting case against Moscow Metro, regarding unfair tariffs for placing telecommunications equipment in the metro.
- Developing of an antitrust compliance programme for M.Video, the leading Russian retail chain selling consumer electronics and appliances. The company has become the first consumer electronics retailer to launch an antitrust compliance programme.
- Successfully representing the interests of Mondi Syktyvkar, a subsidiary company of international group Mondi Uncoated Fine Paper and Russia’s largest producer of offset paper, before FAS Russia.
- Representing a top-10 pharma company globally, on obtaining approvals from the Federal Antimonopoly Service and the Governmental Commission for Control of Foreign Investments for the acquisition of one of the largest Russian pharma companies, the listed manufacturer of generic and oncology drugs and medical plasters.
- Advising a global pharma leader in relation to advertising law in course of an examination carried out by antimonopoly body.
- Advising on the USD 35.1bn merger of two global advertising sector giants, both of which possessed valuable assets in Russia.
- Obtaining antimonopoly approval for the USD 220m cross-border acquisition in networking, connectivity, and cable products manufacturing sector.
- Counselling an international consortium in course of a legal due diligence review and subsequent acquisition of a Russian oil extracting asset.
- Representing a leading national metals & mining company in reactions to an unannounced dawn raid carried out by the Federal Antimonopoly Service in response to a competitor’s claim.
Anna Numerova is one of the leading competition law experts in Russia. In 2013 she joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners as a Counsel in the Competition Law Practice. Anna worked as a Partner in the Competition Law Practice at another Russian law firm and prior to that she was a member of the Competition team at ALRUD.
Anna is a Chairwoman of the General Council of Antitrust Experts Association, a member of the Government Commission on Competition and Development of Small and Medium-sized Businesses, a member of the Advisory Board on Advertising of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia and of the Non-Profit Partnership “CIS Competition Support Association”. She also plays an active role in the specialist committees of the International Bar Association (IBA) and the American Bar Association (ABA). Anna is constantly involved in lawmaking activity.
Anna graduated from Moscow Humanitarian University in 2000. She holds a Master’s degree in private law from Russia’s School of Private Law (2008) and an LLM in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
In 2015 Anna was awarded a Second-Class Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland.
Anna is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.