Elena Agaeva heads the M&A and Corporate Practice at the St. Petersburg office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners.
Elena provides legal support across a broad array of corporate and employment law issues, as well as on M&A deals, establishing, closing, and reorganizing businesses, hiring and dismissing employees, recruiting foreign workers, carrying out due diligence, and general support on corporate and employment issues.
Elena represents the Corporate Practice at the Firm’s St. Petersburg office and has vast experience working with the finance, automotive, logistics, IP/TMT, mining, and other sectors of foreign and Russian business.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising on the reorganization of a major Russian bank.
- Devising a plan for the reorganization of a leading automotive supplier group.
- Advising a European investment company on selling its shares in a Russian security services provider.
- Advising on the acquisition of a stake in a company holding television assets.
- Advising a leading Russian software developer on establishing a joint venture with a strategic investor.
- Advising on corporate issues stemming from the opening of a plant in the Leningrad Region by a major automotive supplier.
- Providing ongoing advice to foreign investors on corporate and employment law in Russia.
- Advising on the opening and closing of subsidiaries, branches, and representative offices of foreign investors.
Prior to joining the Firm, Elena worked at Gide Loyrette Nouel.
Graduated cum laude from the Law Institute, St. Petersburg.
Elena’s competence and professionalism are reflected in major international law firm directories, such as Chambers Europe, The Legal 500, and Best Lawyers. On the basis of client feedback, Chambers Europe recommends Elena as a “very hands-on, proactive and service-minded” lawyer who is “very thorough, accurate, and always attentive to clients’ needs”, possessing “excellent communication skills and understanding their business needs”. The Legal 500 2017 ranked “excellent, consistent and reliable” M&A and Corporate Practice in St. Petersburg led by Elena at in Tier 1. In 2017 she debuts in an elite Leading Individuals list as the only national law firm's lawyer recommended in Band 1.
A member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association since 2002, Elena has earned the Bar’s acknowledgement for highly professional and conscientious work, along with an award for her successful professional debut in the St. Petersburg legal profession.
Elena is fluent in English.