On September 28 The Law Society of Hong Kong will hold its second annual Belt and Road Conference entitled “The ABCs of Building a Smart Belt and Road: Law and Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and the Cloud”. Helen Avakyan, Counsel at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners and Executive Director of the Non-Profit Partnership for Advancement of Corporate Law, will speak at the event.
The conference will feature the development and application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the legal sector and its impact on multi-jurisdictional transactions arising from the Belt and Road Initiative. Eminent speakers from leading technology companies, commercial companies, government bodies, regulators and law firms will be invited to discuss various topics including:
- Ethical issues concerning AI
- The influence of Fintech and smart contracts on cross-border transactions
- The rise of cloud computing and AI as pertains to international laws and regulations
- Potential risks involving blockchain applications
- Protection of personal data in a rapidly changing digital economy
- Success stories of investing in crypto currency and cloud technologies
Helen will share her insights on the use of blockchain in legal processes, as well as the recent developments of Legal Tech in Russia.
More information about the event.